Thursday, October 8, 2015

Market Day

I was chatting to our neighbour this morning, he was heading off back to Newcastle after being down here since May!  He also wanted to have a look around our van as he would be very interested in buying it when we get back to the UK!  

I am starting to see the attraction of this place, although it isn't for us just yet!!  The neighbour was telling me that the longer you stay the cheaper it gets ... he was paying 10 Euro a day (£7.30 / $15.86 AUD) and that includes water, electric and full use of all the facilities.

He also told me it was market day in the town so we went alng to check it out.  It was mainly a food market but there were also stalls selling clothes and shoes.

We bought some fruit and Elaine bought a couple of fringed tops (for Cropredy next year, so she tells me!) ...

This photo doesn't do the market justice, but you get the idea!


The rest of the day was spent doing absolutely nothing, we even had a very long siesta - just getting into Spanish mode!

I went to the site bar for a drink tonight, purely to show my support!  There is also a nice restaurant attached, check out the price!!

Two courses including wine or beer 11.90 Euro (£8.68 /$18.86 AUD).

As I said you can see the attraction and, of course, the biggest bonus the nice weather is free ... as I sit typing this it is pouring with rain....doh. 

We were going to go for a bike ride today but the rain stopped play, so ... mañana !!

No comments:

Post a Comment