Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas

The weather has returned to normal, wall to wall sunshine, warm in the day and cold at night.

This Christmas was always going to be a difficult one so I decided to run away in the van with the doggies.

It was a no brainer in my opinion, not that I didnt get plenty of offers for dinner, but I just wanted to be on my own.

I loaded the van up yesterday and drove down to the beachfront to park up opposite the pub.

Firsty I took the boys for a walk along the beach, its just lovely and deserted at the moment,

We popped into the pub for a early drink and chat to the lovely barmaid Eva.

I then took Sammie back to the van as I knew he would be scared of all the people and noise.

The party kicked off at 16.00 and went on until the early hours, it was a fantastic night and the busiest I have ever seen the pub, A lot of people were also outside as it became too crowded inside.

I had a lot of friends down there so there were no Nigel no friends moments.  I did have a big meltdown moment when I met up with Sara, she was one of the first people we met in Mojacar last year, she bravely come down the pub for a little while after getting news that her sister had passed away in the UK that morning, once again far too young and once again a victim of bastard cancer. 

I think we both felt better for having a good meltdown, so sad for her though X

I did feel slightly rough this morning so didn't get on the road until 10.30.

Once again I went to La Carolina beach which was an absolute favourite place for me and Elaine and is only a 40 minute drive up the coast.

If she were alive Im sure we would have come here anyway.

I got a prime position on the front row, there are quite a few motorhomes here from all over Europe, but I'm keeping very low key and keeping myself to myself.

I have been doing a lot of walking with the dogs, plus some reading and had a lovely sleep in the sun, As the sun goes down I'm about to crack a bottle of Champers.

Meanwhile back in the UK my poor old mum is spending Christmas in hospital, she has been in and out of hospital all year, this time she has been in since early October, she is 86 and usually pretty healthy, but this period in hospital seems to be taking its toll.

Im also thinking of Elaine's sister Julie who has been battling fkin cancer for a number of years, once again its reared its ugly head, she starts another round of chemo in 5 days.

But as we all know life goes on, albeit in different tangents.

Merry Christmas dear reader  XXXXX




3 comments:

  1. Here's a virtual Christmas hug for you Paul. I hope 2017 will be a better year for you. And thank you for keeping your blog readers up to date, even though I am sure there have been times you didn't feel like it at all.
    Kath (no Herbie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking just the same as Kath, Paul. Stay as strong in 2017 and we hope that things will get better for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for blogging Paul, it's always going to be difficult at this time of year but we are thinking of you along with many many others x

    ReplyDelete