Friday, June 30, 2017

Im leaving on a Jet Pl.............

Well in a Jaguar actually, so rather than a couple of hours to get back to the  UK by a Jet Plane it will be 4 days in a car!!  She has been polished to within a inch of her life, she's been serviced and new cambelts fitted, but to be honest I reckon the the 2003 Citroen C3 is probably a lot more reliable.

Everything has been packed on board apart from one small case with overnight gear plus the dog bag and esky with grub and drinks to keep me going.  I will also take my ipod with thousands of songs on it plus some cd's. I love loud music when Im driving.


The dog beds have been made up on the back seat, they have harnesses that clip into the seat belt anchorages, I have to look after the precious boys.

I have booked a hotel in Zaragoza for Sunday night, Monday night I will stay with friends who I met a few years ago whilst moored up by the Italian lakes. They are looking after a French farmhouse for the next few months/years, it will be nice to see them and their new doggies. Tuesday night I will stay in a hotel in Rouen. Wednesday it will be a drive to Calais, through the tunnel then a quick catch up with Elaines sister in Maidstone. I will then carry on through to the land of many roundabouts Milton Keynes. 

Of course I wont be with my co-pilot Elaine, but im sure she will be looking over me and the boys and keep us safe.

Other Happenings

I went and bought a scooter the other day, the local Europcar hire place had been told that they can no longer hire out scooters in Mojacar so they were selling them off, it was a bargain, low kms, fully serviced, a couple of scuffs but other than that immaculate. It came with two helmets plus a top box and disc lock.  Its brilliant for shopping and going to the beach, an unbelievable amount of storage, its a 125cc and is quite nippy. I will let guests use it when they come to stay. 


I have advertised the motorbike and had a couple of good leads but as I'm off to the UK this weekend it didnt leave me enough time to sort out the endless paperwork. I will re advertise it when I get back.

Im going to miss Mojacar and my lovely friends here, but in saying that most of my good friends are all back in the UK for summer, by the time I get back here they will be coming back also.

I will especially miss this young lady,  Eva is incredibly wise beyond her years and is always there for me when I hit a dark point in my life which thankfully are getting less frequent and only last for a day or two.


Peace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment